Substitute teachers are a valuable part of our community
Whole Kids Academy (WKA) is a warm, loving and vibrant Spanish immersion preschool where substitute teachers are viewed as a vital part of the team. We show you loyalty and gratitude, invest in your success and invite you to participate in our professional development training.
If you are passionate about working with kids, have teaching experience and want flexibility to make your own schedule, we would love to meet you.
We do our very best to give you advance notice of substitute teaching opportunities, but of course, needs arise at the very last minute. Our substitute teachers must have regular availability Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 6:30 pm.
- Proactive and clear communication with lead teacher: Substitute teachers are willing to ask questions to ensure they are clear on their responsibilities in the classroom. They are flexible and make adjustments as needed.
- Anticipate needs of the day: We don’t ask our substitute teachers to read minds, but we do ask that they proactively help lead classroom teachers with tasks at hand.
- Respond to children’s needs: Quickly creating relationship with children by being caring and responsive to their needs and maintaining engagement throughout indoor and outdoor play is a must!
- Create parent connections: Our substitute teachers exhibit a friendly, professional demeanor. They provide parents with warm welcomes and thorough beginning and/or end-of-day communication (if appropriate).
- Maintain a positive learning environment: Our substitute teachers don’t just supervise children; they ensure our children are safe, foster their independence and create positive learning experiences based on the classroom lesson plan.
Additional responsibilities may arise.
If you are interested in joining a loving preschool community, we invite you to apply today.