At WKA, we believe in the importance of a holistic approach to children’s learning and development. We work hard to provide a healthy, physical foundation for children; nurture and guide their social-emotional development; and challenge and stretch their academic growth.
- We will love, hug and protect your child as if they were our own. We will ensure they are comfortable and develop meaningful connections with their peers and teachers.
- We provide twice-daily outdoor play (rain or shine) and healthy, nutritious meals and snacks made with fruits, vegetables, whole grains and organic dairy products.
- We will honor and celebrate your child for who they are and help them discover their natural strengths and interests.
Multiple studies have proven the long-term benefits of learning a second language. We are committed to providing your child with the opportunity to learn the Spanish language in a natural and immersive setting.
- All of our teachers are native Spanish speakers and will provide instruction in Spanish for 90% of your child’s day.
- Children will also develop their English language skills, as children tend to communicate with one another in English.
- Music is our third language at WKA! Children will benefit from daily music in their classrooms but also from weekly music instruction with our dedicated music teacher, Ms. Norma.
Developing children’s social-emotional awareness, flexibility and resiliency is a top priority at WKA, as it leads to long-term academic success and overall satisfaction in life.
- We teach children critical self-help skills so they develop a sense of confidence, self-esteem and independence.
- We model and encourage positive traits such as kindness, empathy and good manners, and we help children navigate friendships and social interactions.
- We encourage children to ask questions, speak up, negotiate and practice important life skills such as critical thinking and problem-solving.
Learning at any age should be fun and filled with wonder and possibility. We strive to spark interest, feed curiosity and instill a lifelong love of learning in every child.
- We bring our learning to life through our kid-favorite monthly studies. Teachers transform classrooms throughout the year and provide rich learning opportunities and resources for children to discover and explore.
- We use the outdoors and our local community as an extension of our classroom, embarking on field trips throughout the year and outdoor activities to connect children to their world outside the classroom walls.
- We keep families in the loop so you may find opportunities to continue the learning at home.
In the pursuit of higher educational outcomes, preschool has emerged as a critical foundation to every child’s academic career. As the structure and expectations continue to change for our children’s education, Whole Kids Academy is dedicated to ensuring our children are well prepared to start school and continue on a path of success.
- We see each child as an individual and work to understand their unique strengths and the learning themes and subjects that they are passionate about. We encourage children to ask why and help them research and discover the answers.
- Our teachers tailor the curricula to best meet the needs of each child, stretching those who have a natural thirst to further their learning and providing support to children who may benefit from additional enrichment
- We teach children about the world around them, encouraging them to be global citizens, independent thinkers and critical problem solvers so they are prepared to answer the questions of tomorrow.
When you enroll your child in WKA, you join a warm, caring and connected community that is committed to making a real difference in each other’s lives.
- We provide parents with regular updates so they understand and experience their child’s day and can continue the learning and conversations at home
- We welcome parent feedback and suggestions on how we can grow and best meet the needs of the children and families we serve.
- We believe all family members play a critical role in our community. We celebrate milestones together, learn together and grow together as a community with the shared goal of providing a safe, warm and enriching learning environment for our children.